Saturday, February 11, 2012

Pintrest Roundup


Another Pintrest round-up. As the site gets more popular, it is getting easier and easier to find items that apply to more than pediatrics.

The first one is a simple modification for glasses. Just stick rubber bands around a cup to enhance grip. This could be used for small hands or hands that lack of sensory input. As I am typing it up, I see it is from Real Simple magazine, which provided an idea in one of my last roundup. Mainstream OT!


This is a homemade felt board. Take a picture frame and insert felt. So simple. This could be good for car trips or waiting at doctor's offices. It is quiet and relatively small and entertaining.


Here is a low-vision idea. Place a brightly colored picture frame around the light switches. This draws the eye to it, and creates texture to denote light switches. Low vision really intrigues me. We have not talked about it much in school, but at the Active Duty Rehabilitation at the Veteran's Affairs they have a low vision lab, so many of the guys I talk to tell us about their experiences. I have to be honest though, I don't know if OTs are apart of it. This is from a home decorating blog, so again yay mainstream OT!


One final idea, that even I could use from time to time, a homemade ice pack. This suggest putting in dishwashing liquid to create a gel like ice pack, instead of just plain ice. Now if you are going to ice everyday, I would still suggest buying an ice pack, but if you are on vacation or in a pinch this could be a wonderful solution.

Homemade Icepacks. This is so cool - you use plain Dawn....it doesn't freeze totally solid but like those gel packs you can buy where you contour them to your body. So neat!

No comments:

Post a Comment